Every year, Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada donates in-kind and monetary gifts to Canadian charitable organizations.
Our objective is to support registered Canadian charities and non-profit health organizations that make a positive difference to the health and lives of Canadians and are closely aligned with BMS Canada's defined charitable focus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada has developed specific guidelines and criteria to define the process by which decisions regarding Charitable Giving requests are made:
Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada focuses its support on:
- Disease awareness initiatives
- Projects that could have a potential impact on reducing healthcare costs
- Activities that could have a significant impact on a large number of Canadians
Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada does not support:
- Arts and cultural programs
- Capital, building and endowment campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, gender, age, sexual preference or national origin.
- Graduation galas or yearbooks
- Sporting events or teams
- Political parties or candidates at any level
- Religious activities
If your project meets one of the supportive criteria listed above, you may submit a Charitable Giving request to Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada online by clicking on the link below. If this is the first time that you are applying via our electronic request system, you will be asked to set up your user login and organization profile before proceeding with the online application. If you are unable to complete your application in one session, you may save a partially completed application and return to it later.
You will need to attach the following documents to your online application:
• An official signed letter, addressed to the Charitable Giving Administrator, BMS Canada, requesting the charitable giving along with the total project budget breakdown (The total project budget breakdown is not required for events such as golf tournament, gala dinners, walks, cycling, etc.) - required
• The project summary & objectives (if not already detailed in the Project Overview section)
• Any other relevant documentation
Before you begin, please ensure that you have the required documents available in pdf format.
IMPORTANT: The charitable giving review process generally takes six to eight (6-8) weeks. No request will be reviewed until a complete application and all required supplementary materials are received.
As a member of Rx&D Canada, we are committed to respecting all their guidelines in terms of ethical conduct and transparency in stakeholder funding.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding charitable giving, please see the frequently asked questions section below.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Administrator at [email protected].
If you are interested in applying for a medical grant please visit the Medical Grants section of the BMS Canada website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada considers many factors when evaluating Charitable Giving requests:
Awarded only for a legitimate philanthropic health-related purpose in predefined areas of therapeutic interest
Made without any expectation on behalf of the company or its employees of any benefit in return, including no expectation of any influence upon the purchase or prescribing of products
Made to an entity or organization that is considered a not-for-profit entity
Charitable Giving cannot be:
- made in exchange for services rendered or for data provided to BMS including payments for consulting or other services or goods provided to BMS;
- used to fund Endowed Professorships.
- used to start or establish a non-profit organization
used for retroactive funding for a program or project that has already occurred
Charitable Giving Requests are not permitted if the applicant / potential recipient is a member of a:
- Decision-making authority which determines government policy on issues such as treatment guidelines or reimbursement
- Regulatory agency that makes decisions regarding registration issues related to Bristol-Myers Squibb products
- Public or private institution boards making purchasing decisions regarding Bristol-Myers Squibb products
If several requests are received for the same objective, Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada will attempt to give priority to the proposal with the most significant potential impact on the health of the community.
Approval by Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada of Charitable Giving in previous years does not guarantee future support. Each request is evaluated on its individual merits relative to other requests.
To submit an online request, you need the following documentation in pdf format:
- An official signed letter, addressed to the Charitable Giving Administrator, BMS Canada, requesting the charitable giving along with the total project budget breakdown (The total project budget breakdown is not required for events such as golf tournament, gala dinners, walks, cycling, etc.) - required
- The project summary & objectives (if not already detailed in the Project Overview section)
- Any other relevant documentation
Yes, Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada accepts Charitable Giving requests throughout the year.
Applications for Charitable giving as well as all supporting documentation must be submitted through the online application process.
For additional information please contact the Administrator at [email protected].
NO REQUEST WILL BE REVIEWED UNTIL A COMPLETE CHARITABLE GIVING REQUEST AND ALL REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED.
A Charitable Giving committee reviews and makes the decision.The Charitable Giving request review and approval process is separate from any product promotional activities. This separation protects both requestors and the company from any perception that funding is made to induce or reward support for business, rather than the merit of the request itself.
Review time varies depending on the nature of the request but the average review time is six to eight (6-8) weeks. You can help minimize the review timeline by ensuring the application is complete and all required documentation is submitted with the application.[ close ]
You will receive e-mail confirmation when your application is received.
You may be contacted to provide additional information. All communication will occur via e-mail.
When the review of your application is completed you will receive written notification of an approval or denial. Please do not consider any request approved until you have received written notification.